Peton offers unique technical solutions and individual approach to every project.
Conversion of marine ships
Activities on conversion of a gas carrier into the “Portovy” floating storage (IMO 9246621) were performed within the framework of the “Portovaya LNG Complex” EPC project. The creation of the interim floating storage on the basis of a gas carrier ensures the accumulation of the required LNG shipload at the Complex.
PETON transformed gas carrier “Excel” (2003 year built) into a storage ship. The following complex engineering, administrative tasks were solved and unique technical solutions were implemented during execution of this project:
- Possibility of simultaneous receiving, offloading of LNG and sending boil-off gas to the Complex
- Revamping of boil-off gas compressor and automatic control system
- Possibility to use low-sulphur fuel (increased environmental level)
- Possibility to perform large-scale repairs and examinations at the jetty
- Expansion of functionality for transmission of process data between the ship and the Complex
- Operation in low temperature and ice conditions, increase of time between overhauls, improvement of endurance
- Transfer of the ship to the Russian flag and registration in the Russian International Register of Vessels
Weight of the ice-resistant belt
Maximum rate of LNG offloading to the gas carrier
Maximum rate of LNG receiving from the shore
20 years – facility lifetime, without decommissioning
The ship was handed-over to the Client in December 2020 in accordance with the terms of reference and schedule dates. PETON fulfills the following scope of works/services depending on the project objectives and contract configuration:
- PETON integrates special purpose companies into the project and controls achievement of the final result and quality of works
- PETON acts as a single provider of services for the end Client, combining efforts of multiple special purpose companies and making it possible to create unique facilities and to solve complex tasks
PETON provides ready-made solutions, integrating achievements of the leading companies in the industry, and provides integrated warranty for the facility to the Client.
PETON possesses successful experience in international cooperation with key companies at LNG transportation market (Exmar Shipmanagement, Dubai Dry Dock World, Cryostar, Harris Pye, etc.).